Did A Government Employee Play A Role In Causing Your Injuries?

Individuals who are injured due to the negligent acts of private parties can sue those parties in civil court to recover compensation for their injuries.

But what about an official acting in a governmental capacity? Can you sue such a party?

Understanding The Federal Tort Claims Act

Under the Federal Tort Claims Act, individuals in certain situations who suffer injury or property loss at the hands of federal government officials or federal government employees acting within the scope of their employment can bring civil suits against those parties for negligence.

Examples include:

  • Injuries caused by a physician in a veterans hospital
  • Slip-and-fall injuries in a post office
  • Injuries suffered in a public transportation bus accident
  • False arrest and imprisonment
  • Libel and slander

State Claims

The above instances apply to federal property and federal employees. However, California also has implemented laws regarding civil claims against state entities and state employees.

Contact A Lawyer For Guidance

If you or a loved one was injured on any type of government property or suffered injury from a government employee, reach out to the firm to learn about potential legal options.

More Than Five Decades Of Experience

At the Law Offices of Robert G. Schock, founding attorney Robert G. Schock has been handling personal injury claims, including those against government entities, for more than five decades. He has established a trusted reputation and track record of success.

Over a free consult, he can explain the law in detail and how he can help you recover. Mr. Schock is your experienced investigator, negotiator and litigator.

Let him help you. Call 510-922-0887 today. We serve all of Northern California from offices in Oakland .