Robert G. Schock
- Sole Practitioner
Robert G. Schock has dedicated his career to civil litigation practice, including commercial, personal and property damage, professional malpractice, employment, discrimination and toxic tort cases. He has extensive trial experience, including numerous jury and nonjury trials, arbitration, administrative proceedings and appellate hearings.
Robert G. Schock was admitted to The State Bar of California in 1966 and is licensed to practice in all courts in the state of California and all Northern California federal courts.
He is a graduate of San Jose State University (B.A. 1962) and the University of California Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco (J.D. 1965).
Mr. Schock has conducted civil jury trials for the former Oakland/Piedmont/Emeryville Municipal Judicial District, as well as served as a nonjury trial judge in the same district. He has also served as a small claims commissioner pro tem on numerous occasions. Mr. Schock has been on the board of the Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers' Association for a number of years and was their president in 2003. He has been a board member of the Alameda County Bar Association for two two-year terms. He has also served as a delegate to the State Bar Convention on numerous occasions.
In addition to his formidable trial skills, Mr. Schock has received more than 50 hours of alternative dispute resolution (ADR training) consisting of classroom and practical training. He has adjudicated and mediated more than 300 cases covering tort, uninsured motorist, real estate, construction, employment, discrimination, professional malpractice and insurance law. Mr. Schock is a SETL Commissioner with the Alameda County Superior Court. He has acted as an expert witness in professional negligence cases. Mr. Schock has also handled numerous civil rights and disability access cases that provided court approved settlements requiring access and accommodation of disabilities to the general disabled public and has received multipliers of up to 1.4 for his awards benefiting the public.
He is a member of The State Bar of California, Alameda County Bar Association, American Trial Lawyers Association, Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers' Association, Diplomat of the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys, American Board of Trial Advocates, Master in the Earl Warren Inn of Court, Consumer Attorneys of California and Trial Lawyers for Public Justice.
AV peer review-rated by Martindale-Hubbell* (Highest Ranking Possible).
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice 45%
- Personal Injury 45%
- Products Liability 5%
- Civil Rights 5%
- California, 1966
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 1965
- San Jose State University
- B.A. - 1962
Honors and Awards
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Alameda County Bar Association, Board Member
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, Panel Member
- Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association, Board, President
- Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers' Association, President, 2003
- State Bar of California, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys, Diplomat
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- Earl Warren Inn of Court, Master
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Master in the Earl Warren Inn of Court, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Lawyers in the Library, 2004 to Present
- Lawyers In the Library (Dimond Branch), 2014 to 2015
- Former Chairman of the Alameda County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
- Former Fee Arbitrator for the Alameda County Bar Association
- Former Chair of Fee Arbtiration Committees