Did A Government Employee Play A Role In Causing Your Injuries?

Individuals who are injured due to the negligent acts of private parties can sue that person in civil court to recoup compensation that stems from their injuries.

But what about an official acting in a governmental capacity? Can you sue them?

Understanding The Federal Tort Claims Act

Under the Federal Tort Claims Act, individuals in certain situations who suffer injury or property loss by the hands of a federal government official or federal government employee acting within the scope of his or her employment can bring a civil suit against that party for negligence.

Some examples include:

  • Injuries caused by a physician in a veteran's hospital
  • Slip-and-fall injuries in a post office
  • Injuries suffered in a public transportation bus accident
  • False arrest or imprisonment
  • Libel or slander

State Claims

The above instances apply to federal property and federal employees. However, the state of California also has implemented laws regarding civil claims against state entities or state employees.

Contact A Lawyer For Guidance

If you or a loved one was injured on any type of government property or suffered injury from a governmental employee, reach out to the firm to learn about potential legal recourse options available.

More Than Five Decades Of Experience

At Law Offices of Robert G. Schock, founding attorney Robert G. Schock has been handling personal injury claims, including those against government entities for more than five decades. He has established a trusted reputation and track record of success.

Over a free consult, he can explain the law in detail and how he can help you recover. Mr. Schock is your experienced investigator, negotiator and litigator.

Let him help you. Call 510-922-0887 today. Offices in Oakland and Concord and serving all of Northern California.